To register as a student, apply for exemptions or scholarship, applicants must visit https://sms.icagh.com. Applicants are required to pay a registration fee of GH¢150.00 and subscription fee of GH¢150.00 for CA Professional. For ATSWA, applicants are required to pay aregistration fee of GH¢70.00 and subscription fee of GH¢70.00. Applicants who qualify for admissions and exemptions would be required to pay the applicable registration and exemption fees online. An applicant must be at least 16 years and possess any of the following:
SSSCE/GBCE/DBS holders – six (6) passes (A-D) including English and Mathematics. WASSCE holders six (6) credits including and English and Mathematics, any other qualification acceptable to the Institute.
The examination is in three (3) levels. Level 1 must be completed before moving on to Levels 2 and 3 in that order. Students are required to write a minimum of two (2) papers in any order in Levels 1 and 2. At Level 3, students are required to write all the four (4) papers.
1.1 Financial Accounting
1.2 Business Management & Information Systems
1.3 Business & Corporate Law
1.4 Introduction to Management Accounting
2.1 Financial Reporting
2.2 Management Accounting
2.3 Audit & Assurance
2.4 Financial Management
2.5 Public Sector Accounting & Finance
2.6 Principlesof Taxation
3.1 Corporate Reporting
3.2 Advanced Aduit & Assurance
3.3 Strategic Case Study
3.4 Advanced Taxation
1.11 Entry requirements
(Extracted from the Syllabus – 2019)
A. Holders of Senior High School(SHS) Certificate
i. WASSCE holders - six (6) credits including English and Mathematics
ii. SSSCE/GBCE holders - six (6) passes (A-D) including English and Mathematics.
B. Holders of Diploma and Degree from Tertiary Institutions
i. Accounting Technician Scheme West Africa (ATSWA)
ii. Diploma/HND/Degree/Masters and any qualification acceptable by the Institute
1.12 Exemption policy
The following exemptions are granted to Institutions accredited by the National Accreditation Board (NAB) and recognised by the Institute:
1) Holders of Diploma in Accounting awarded by a Tertiary Institution are exempted from all Level 1Papers.
2) Holders of Higher National Diploma (HND) Accountancy Option are exempted from all Level 1 Papers and Paper 2.3 Audit and Assurance.
3) Holders of Accounting Technician Scheme West Africa (ATSWA) are exempted from all Level 1 papers, Papers 2.3 Audit and Assurance and 2.6 Principles of Taxation.
4) University bachelor's degrees
(A) Holders of university Bachelor's Degree in Accounting of accredited Tertiary Institution are exempted from all Level 1 papers, Papers 2.3 Audit and Assurance and 2. 6 Principles of Taxation.
(B) Holders of university Bachelor's Degrees (other than those specified in (A) above) would be granted exemption on subject by subject basis as indicated on the academic transcript.
5) Masters degrees
(A) Holders of Masters Degree (Accounting option) and a first degree in Accounting would be granted exemption from all Level 1 papers and Level 2 papers [except Public Sector Accounting and Finance].
(B) Holders of Masters Degree (other than those specified above) would be granted exemption on subject by subject basis as indicated on the academic transcript.
6) Holders of other professional qualifications recognized by the Institute would be granted exemption on subject by subject basis as indicated on the result slip.
7) Exemptions would NOT be extended to any paper in Level 3. (Final)
The examination centres include Accra-Zenith, Accra-Upsa, Tema, Takoradi, Koforidua, Ho, Kumasi-Gimpa, Kumasi Waec, Sunyani, Wa, Bolgatanga, Tamale and Cape Coast
Examinations are held in MAY and NOVEMBER every year. Candidates are required to apply to sit for examinations at least two (2) months to date of the examination. Exams registration opens in February for May diet and August for November diet.
PAYMENTS AND REQUIREMENTS FOR REGISTRATION AS A CA STUDENT
1. Payments can be made into any of the following banks:
- Barclays Bank Account No. 0000002149286 High Street Branch: Sort Code 030148, Swift Code BARCGHAC/030100
- GCB Bank Account No. 1011130022905 High Street Branch: Sort Code 040101, Swift Code GHCBGHAC
- Ecobank Ghana Account No. 0710134481289101:Sort Code 130149, Swift Code ECOCGHAC
- Pay via Mobile Money to ‘The Institute of Chartered Accountants (Ghana)’ Mobile Money Number 0557964560
The form should be accompanied with a pay-in-slip as evidence of payment. Registration fee GH¢150.00 and Annual subscription GH¢150.00. Account name: The Institute of Chartered Accountants – Ghana.
2. Bank payment instructions
Please provide the following information to the bank when making payment to The Institute of Chartered Accountants – Ghana (ICAG):
- Name in full
- Student Registration Number (SRN)
- Purpose of payment should be stated on the pay-in-slip
LIST OF ICAG CONTACT PERSONS IN THE REGIONS
1. MRS FELICIA ANAMBIRE
CENTRE - YAMUSAH BUILDING
2. MR. ABDUL-RAZAK
CENTRE - WA TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY
UPPER WEST REGION
3. MS. ELIZABETH OBENG
CENTRE - TAKORADI TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY
4. MR. JAMES K. BAYENTEYEA
CENTRE - KOFORIDUA TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY
5. MR. MOSES KPORDZO
CENTRE - HO TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY
6. MR. DAVID AMOAH
CENTRE - BOLGATANGA TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY
0244 - 989764
UPPER EAST REGION
7. MR. SOLOMON ABINA
CENTRE - SUNYANI TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY
020 - 0380570
BRONG AHAFO REGION
8. MS. SANDRA ASAFO-ADJEI
I. C. A. OFFICE KUMASI
AHODWO ROUNDABOUT – NYARKO PLAZA
0243 – 967134/0246 - 162555
KUMASI ASHANTI REGION
9. MR. THOMAS OSEI
CENTRE – CAPE COAST TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY
(OLD ADMINISTRATION BLOCK)
CAPE COAST CENTRAL REGION
| 10. LIBERIA - CENTRE
Photocopy of any birth identity (passport, national ID, birth certificate, NHIS ID, etc.) 3 passport size photographs Original transcript for graduates Original and photocopy of educational certificate(s)