Title: Finance Manager
Date of Publication: 13th July, 2016
Source: ECOM AGROTRADE LTD
GENERAL WORK DESCRIPTION:
- This position will play a key role in providing a range of finance support activities for EcomÂ WAF. This will include supporting budgeting processes, review and analyze financialÂ performance, and coordinate in the execution of the forecast cycle used to monitor andÂ project business performance. This position is also a contributor for driving harmonizationÂ and improvement in management reporting, planning, and analysis processes for area of assignment. Work will focus initially on Ghana where we have the largest staff contingent.
- Managing the review of monthly variance analysis functions and activities related toÂ financial statements and budgets, providing direction and ensuring appropriateÂ resolution of variances
- Timely completion of COGNOS ie. managing the accurate and timely delivery ofÂ financial reporting data including the preparation of budgets, forecasts,Â monthly/quarterly/annual financial reports, cash flow forecasts, and the analysis ofÂ the WAF progress in meeting its profitability goals
- Review various daily and weekly report for submission to all levels.
- Establishing and fostering partnerships with management across the organization forÂ the purpose of maintaining data integrity and supporting fact based decisions in anÂ effort to drive profitability through the organization.
EDUCATION, PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE, AND SPECIALIZEDÂ SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, or other related major with sufficientÂ accounting credits.
- MBA and/or ICA/ACCA is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of applicable, well-rounded experience in accounting/financeÂ with a minimum of 2 years in a supervisory/managerial capacity.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to support and interact with Business unit lea.
- Ability to support and interact with Business unit leadership and corporateÂ departments; successfully manage teams/clients through change.
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint.
- Be familiar with working in a computerized accounting environment; SagaÂ experience is a plus.
- Must be a proactive team player and problem solver with attention to detail;Â deadline-oriented and well-organized; forward thinker.
- Demonstrate flexibility while delivering clear results in a fast-paced environment.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Agro Ecom is the leading private licensed cocoa company in Ghana. The company impactsÂ the livelihoods of over 2,500 cocoa growing communities and more than 120,000Â smallholder cocoa farmers. Our West Africa Regional Office is based in Accra. Our GhanaÂ head office in Kumasi. We have approximately 400 staff working for Ecom in Ghana, 75 inÂ Ivory Coast and 35 in Nigeria.
NOTICE: The statements herein are intended to give a broad description of this jobÂ function and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.