Date of Publication: Wednesday, 7th September, 2016
Deadline of Publication Friday, 30th September, 2016
The Internal Audit Agency invites applications from suitably qualified Ghanaians who are goal oriented, results' driven with exceptional leadership qualities and enthusiasm for appointment to the position of:
- To provide strategic leadership, technical and administrative direction for the attainment of the strategic objectives of the Internal Audit Agency.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advise the Board on policy formulation review and strategic direction of the Agency.
- Conduct day-to-day management and administration of the Agency.
- Ensure the implementation of the policies, decisions and other directives of the Board.
- Support and coordinating internal audit functions in government entitles.
- Ensure the recruitment, development and continuous professional development and maintenance of the organization and staff.
- Ensure quality assurance in the practice of internal audit units.
- Lead in knowledge management and networking.
- Ensure monitoring and implementation of the internal audit recommendations.
- Promote relationship with professional bodies and other government agencies.
- Understanding the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Prepare and submitting strategic plan, annual work plan and reports to the Board based on approved budget.
- Ensure risks are properly managed using ERM tools.
- Carry out reasonable requests for specific audits/investigations in MDAs and MMDAs.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor's degree, or its equivalent from a tertiary institution.
- A master's degree qualification in Auditing, Accounting, Public/Business Administration, HRM, Finance or related field of specialization.
- A Certified Internal Auditor or Professional Accountant with the CIA/I CA/ ACCA/CCPA/CIMA membership.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years post (professional or post-graduate) qualification working experience in professional auditing, management, finance and or accounting in a reputable public or private sector organization, five (5) years of which must be at Senior Management level in the public or private sector.
- Be computer literate.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Strong managerial, administrative and organizational skills.
- Demonstrable knowledge of public financial management systems.
- Creative, innovative and good business acumen.
- Excellent demonstration of visionary, strategic leadership and decision making skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Excellent financial and auditing knowledge.
- Excellent cornrnunlcctlon and interpersonal skills.
- Appreciable knowledge of I T.
- Strategic and Change Management skills.
- Excellent decision-making and problem solving skills.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
The successful candidate should be able to serve a minimum term of four (4) years before attaining the compulsory retiring age of sixty (60).
Qualified females and people with disability are encouraged to apply.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified persons should forward their applications, together with their curriculum vitae and photocopies of certificates to the under-mentioned address not later than three (3) weeks from the date of first publication of this advertisement:
PUBLIC SERVICES COMMISSION
P.O.BOX GP 1618