Title: Director for Finance
Date of Publication: Monday, 31st October, 2016
Deadline of Publication: wednesday, 2nd November, 2016
Location: Head Office
Immediate Supervisor: Managing Director
The Immediate Assistants are the Heads of the following functions:
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Corporate Accounts
- Management Accounts
To manage, supervise and coordinate the Finance and Accounts function, advice Management on financial and corporate issues, and advise on the management and accounting for the resources of ECG. Provide financial information to ECG to guide management decision making.
- Ensure that all financial accounting transactions are properly described, collated, classified and recorded.
- Provide accounting information to DMD, Corporate Services and all other functional units of ECG requiring financial information.
- Organize the Finance Directorate to properly maintain relevant documents and accounts to highlight current position in respect of revenue and expenditure and other financial transactions of ECG.
- Ensure the preparation and submission of monthly Income and Expenditure reports to management and the board.
- Ensure the preparation of annual budget responsive to the corporate plan for management and Board approval.
Access financial operations by ensuring the regular monitoring of the budget by relating financial accounting data to budgeted figures in order to determine variances for necessary management action.
Ensure the efficient maintenance of a fixed asset register.
Ensure the preparation of cash flow forecast at the beginning of every month.
- Determine the financial opportunities existing on the money and other markets and manage investments.
- Manage the loans/debt portfolio and ECG trade financing activities, and ensure appropriate treasury management.
- Ensure the existence and regular update of accounting systems and manuals.
- Manage and process statutory deductions and payments, staff payroll etc.
- Ensure the provision of accurate and timely financial information and other related reports to management and stakeholders.
- Ensure prudent disbursement of the company's funds.
- Ensure that systems and procedures and organizational structures are established to achieve effectiveness and efficiency in the Directorate.
- Develop and implement business plans for the Directorate.
- Oversee the Regional Financial Management and Accounting functions.
- Provide inputs for the formulation and review of ECG's strategic plan and annual budget proposals.
- Undertake Staff performance review of the Directorate.
- Review performance of ECG on a quarterly and annual basis.
- A basic recognized professional qualification in accounting, ICA (GH), ACCA, CIMA and a post graduate degree in related discipline.
- A Minimum of Twelve (12) years post-qualification experience. At least Eight (8) years of work experience should have been at Managerial level.
- Requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills to relate to Bankers and must be computer literate.
- Membership of a recognized professional body.
- May be expected to work for long hours beyond normal working hours and must be able to work under pressure and achieve results.
- Appreciation of the electricity industry and knowledge of utility management.
- Excellent skills and abilities in negotiation, coordination of work of senior managers, networking, interpersonal relations and communication.
- Must be hard working and show commitment and self-discipline.
- Must have people management skills.
Mode of Application:
Interested persons who qualify may submit their application
letters with detailed curriculum vitae (CV) by email to:
The Director of Human Resources
Electricity Company of Ghana
P.O. Box GP 521
The closing date for the submission of applications is 2nd November, 2016.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.