Chief Executive Officer Profile
The Institute of Chartered Accountants (Ghana), established by the Chartered Accountants Act, 1963, (Act 170), regulates the practice of the accountancy profession in the country. The Institute is governed by an eleven-member Council.
The Institute is looking for an individual with strong strategic leadership and management skills to become its next Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is responsible for implementing all policies and projects approved by Council, and oversees the administrative and operational
management of the Secretariat.
The CEO will:
- Work in close cooperation with ICAG President and Council;
- Be a proactive leader in identifying new and changing professional standards, whether regulatory, political, technological or other
issues affecting the Institute and profession;
- Build strong professional relationships with members, students, accountancy firms, government, regulators, employers, tertiary institutions, international agencies, standard setters, and other professional accountancy organizations especially organisations within Africa;
- Develop and recommend policies and strategies to the Council;
- Develop and implement a comprehensive, pro-active external and internal communication strategy to present the Institute’s mission, values, programmes and activities;
- Oversee the management of staff, safeguarding of assets, enterprise risk management, preparation and implementation of budgets, preparation of annual financial statements and annual report;
- Develop, motivate and supervise a committed staff to achieve the Institute’s mission;
- Be committed to sustainable practices and ethical values; and
Have the capacity to raise funds and identify other resources required for research and development activities of ICAG.
Qualifications, Desired Skills andCompetencies
- Must be a member of the Institute
- Must have knowledge of the issues surrounding the accountancy profession gained from experience working in accountancy-related environment
- Should have held a senior management position for at least ten (10) years
- Must have keen interest, genuine passion and personal commitment to develop ICAG’s mission
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be ethical and fair, a strategic thinker, team builder, goal-oriented and tactical.
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment which is full-time, shall be four (4) years in the first instance and may be subject to renewal for another term of four (4) years or part thereof.
- Salary and conditions of service attached to the position are very attractive and competitive.
Interested candidates are required to submit the following:
- Application letter
Curriculum Vitae, including names and addresses of three (3) referees;
- Statement of candidate’s vision for ICAG; the statement must not be more than 1,200 words.
Applications should be marked “Application for CEO, ICAG” and forwarded to reach the following address, not later than 31st August, 2017.
The Chairman: Search Committee for ICAG CEO
The Institute of Chartered Accountants (Ghana)
P.O. Box GP 4268, Accra