The ICAG Chartered Diploma Programme is a professional diploma with specialization in various fields of study in business. The course content focuses on the ability of graduates to perform assigned duties in their chosen areas of specialization.
It is expected that the tremendous insight to be gained by participants will improve their competencies on the job. ICAG expects to attract very ambitious participants from different backgrounds. Applicants with higher academic qualifications and demonstrable work experience are our main target.
This package contains a comprehensive range of advanced diploma programmes in the fields specified to target the population within the sub-region.
ICAG CHARTERED DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
Two programmes have been targeted for the third and fourth quarters of 2017, namely:
- Chartered Diploma in Public Financial Management (PFM)
- Chartered Diploma in Treasury and Financial Risk Management
1. CHARTERED DIPLOMA IN PUBLIC FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT (PFM)
Public Financial Management (PFM) is at the centre of accountancy profession. Apart from the public sector being the largest single employer of accountants in most countries, some believe it can be used as an index to judge the level of accountability in countries. This aspect of accounting requires specialized training and skills which were until recently not regarded as part of accountancy training.
What it is about
The ICAG Chartered Diploma in Public Financial Management (PFM) builds on participants experience in the field to provide deep insight into the accounting and financial management in public sector organizations. The course seeks to blend Public Administration, Accounting, Auditing and Financial Management to give this unique output.
The programme is designed to address fundamental issues in Public Financial Management (PFM). The course aims at:
- Discussing public financial management systems/governance and its challenges;
- Discussing budgetary processes under the Public Financial Management;
- Promoting appreciation of the need for inclusiveness and transparency in public sector financial governance;
- Providing understanding of ways to improve the public financial management systems in Ghana;
- Understanding the need for deregulation and privatization and its impact on public sector policy;
- Discussing the laws and regulations governing Public Financial Management (PFM) systems in the country;
- Providing an overview on IPSAS application worldwide;
- Providing understanding on the practical application on IPSAS with the aid of questions, case studies and interactive exercises;
- Discussing the differences between Cash-basis IPSAS and Accruals-based IPSAS;
i. Fiscal and Monetary Policy Formulation & Implementation;
ii. Public Financial Management Legislations.
iii. Overview of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS);
iv. Public Sector Budgeting & Financial Reporting.
2. CHARTERED DIPLOMA IN TREASURY AND FINANCIAL RISK MANAGEMENT
Business risks faced by corporate bodies have kept pace with the business expansion and industrialization. Closely associated with this, is the problem of inadequate management of treasury functions in businesses. It is believed that sound treasury and financial risk management increase the financial performance of the organization. Regrettably however, the training of manpower for such purposes is in its infancy in Ghana.
What it is about
ICAG Chartered Diploma in Treasury and Financial Risk Management is an innovative way of proactively handling potential challenges to be faced by the booming corporate activities in Ghana before they become insurmountable. Very advanced and critical topics in treasury and financial risk management shall therefore be discussed in the course.
Upon completion of the programme, participants shall be able to:
- Establish treasury and financial risk management functions to support business operations
- Collect relevant data, analyze it and provide professional advice about business risk and the cost and benefits to an organization
- Handle treasury function in institution: financial or otherwise
- Institute and run anti-money laundering policies in corporate bodies
i. Corporate Treasury;
ii. Working Capital Management
iii. Strategic Financial Risk Management;
iv. Financial Modelling
- Public Financial Management is targeted at equipping professionals in the Ministries, Departments and Agencies as well as staff of other public institutions with practical knowledge to improve on the job performance.
- Treasury and Financial Risk Management will benefit: Treasury Managers, Bankers, Risk Managers, Finance persons in religious organizations and all persons responsible for cash and liquidity management.
Duration: 10 Weekends (Saturdays only)
- Accra: Accountancy House, East Legon
- Cape Coast: Only Treasury & Financial Risk Management
- Kumasi: Only Treasury & Financial Risk Management
Date: 5th August – 7th October, 2017
Cost: GH¢3,200.00 per programme (ICAG Members)
GH¢3,500.00 per programme (Non-ICAG Members)
Time: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Application forms can be obtained at the following locations:
- Accra, ICAG Head Office, Accountancy House, East Legon
- Cape Coast, ICAG Office, Cape Coast Technical University
- Kumasi, ICAG Office, Nyarko Plaza, Ahodwo Roundabout, Ahodwo
- ICAG website: www.icagh.com
For further enquiries, please contact: