The Council of the Institute of Chartered Accountants Ghana wishes to congratulate all candidates who have written the Institute’s examinations under the new policy of writing across levels.
Candidates should however take note of the following reminders:
- Level 1 candidates who have only one paper to complete the level (if so desire) can write it together with a maximum of four papers in level 2.
- Level 2 candidates who have only one paper to complete the level (if so desire) can write it together with all level 3 Papers.
- The existing credit policy for level 3 (final level) remains unchanged. A first time level 3 candidate writes all the four papers. A candidate has to pass a minimum of two subjects before he/she gets credit for the passed papers. If you pass only one paper, you will have to write all the four papers again.
- Level 3 candidates who wrote Corporate Strategy, Ethics and Governance and passed only Corporate Strategy, Ethics and Governance will be given credit for it (on the basis that this paper is now in level 2).
- Students who completed part 3 of the old syllabus before the advent of the new syllabus were given the opportunity to write the Corporate Strategy, Ethics and Governance with Corporate Reporting, Advance Audit and Assurance and Taxation and Fiscal Policy in May 2015. This arrangement will continue up to the November 2016 examination. Any candidate who is unable to graduate after the November 2016 exams would be required to write Advance Financial Management in addition to the remaining level 3 papers. However candidates who have already passed Financial Management but have not completed part 3 will have to write all outstanding papers in Level 2 and all Level 3 papers (Corporate Reporting, Advance Audit and Assurance, Advanced Financial Management and Taxation and Fiscal Policy)
- Any candidate who attempts an exempted paper forfeits the exemption status of that paper.
Mr. Osei Adjaye-Gyamfi
Director, Technical & Research