The Institute of Charted Accountants (Ghana) is the professional accountancy body established by the Act of Parliament to regulate accountancy practice in Ghana.
The institute established a Quality Assurance Review System which scope includes monitoring the quality of all statutory audits and other professional services delivered by its members in practice.
The Institute has a vacancy for the position of Assistant Audit Managers in the Quality Assurance Monitoring Department and invites applications from qualified candidates.
- A chartered Accountant and a member of the institute of Chartered Accountants (Ghana)
- A qualified accountant who has worked in a practicing firm with not less than 4 years post-qualification experience in statutory audit, or a qualified accountant who has worked in a practising firm for more than six (6) years, two years of which should be post-qualification experience in the statutory audits.
- Experience in leading an audit team
- Excellent Reporting Skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suit.
The Assistant Audit Manager reports directly to the Audit Manager and / or the Consultant Head Reviewer and shall perform all relevant functions as directed by the Audit Manager and the Consultant Head Reviewer including but not limited to the following:
- Organizing sensitization and orientation programmes to educate practitioners on the review process;
- Conducting quality assurance reviews;
- Communicating quality assurance review findings to the auditees, after review by the Audit Managers and/ or Head Reviewer.
- Preparing quality assurance review reports;
- Recommending remedial actions / or sanctions as appropriate; and
- Conducting follow-up to ensure recommendations have been properly implemented.
The position attracts a good and competitive package.
TERMS OF ENGAGEMENT
The successful candidate will be engaged on a permanent basis.
The closing date for receipt of applications is February 29, 2016.
For further enquiries contact:
The Chief Executive Officer,
The institute of Chartered Accountants (Ghana)
P. O. BOX 4268, Accra
Okponglo, East Legon on Trinity Theological Seminary- IPS Road.
Tel: 054 4336701-2, 027 7801422-4